General Fitment Guidelines
FORCED AIR INDUCTION KITS
PERFORMANCE AIR FILTER KITS
If considering fitting an induction kit, please first read the following guidelines carefully. If they can be met by your vehicle, a custom fit induction kit can probably be installed. Even if you have limited DIY knowledge, these guidelines should be understood first as it is not possible to give specific advice for every vehicle regarding custom installations.
- Locate your factory OEM air filter box this will be connected to your engine air intake manifold via an air duct system (duct system is usually 40 to 90mm in diameter, and may be of both rigid and flexible construction).
- Your air filter box has to be removed and replaced with the sport filter kit. Check that you will have space for the filter system you wish to fit once the old system is removed (Widths and diameters of each filter system can be found on the respective listings).
- PLEASE NOTE: FORCED AIR INDUCTION KITS ALSO FEATURE A FLEXIBLE COLD AIR FEED PIPE WHICH MUST BE DIRECTED TO THE FRONT OF YOUR VEHICLE (or equivalent) FROM THE FILTER UNIT TO SOURCE A SUPPLY OF COLD AIR. These pipes have an outer diameter of 76mm, please consider if there is suitable space to fit this air feed.
- With the old filter box removed, you now need a circular intake section to fix the filter on to. This can be at any point before the engine intake manifold; it may be necessary to remove or add further sections of ducting to locate a suitable mounting point (Alloy pipe sections and various couplings available in store).
- The circular x-section of intake must be between 152 - 51mm Outer Diameter to fit the filter using the appropriate reducer (may be available separately or supplied with kit depending on model. Larger diameter reducers can also be sourced).
- Rigid or Flexible? If the circular x-section is FLEXIBLE, it must be tightened around a rigid connector, such as an alloy pipe section, and then to the filter. If the x-section is RIGID, it can be connected directly to your sport filter, using a reducer if the outer diameter of the x-section is not 76mm.
- Refit any sensors unplugged from the original filter system to the new induction system. Any temperature sensors or breather pipes can be reconnected using an alloy pipe PLUS, which offers accommodation of such fitments. It is important that the intake air temperature (IAT) is read from your air induction system, and not from the air in your engine bay to ensure safe vehicle operation and performance. Breather pipes must also breathe FILTERED AIR. These pipes can also be accommodated for using a breather filter (see listings) as an equally suitable alternative to pipe PLUS attachments.
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT DISTURB THE SETUP OF YOUR MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR. THIS SHOULD BE LEFT IN ITS FACTORY OEM SETUP TO ENSURE ACCURATE READINGS AND SAFE VEHICLE OPERATION. IF IN DOUBT, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL GARAGE FOR ADVICE.
- Induction kits are suitable for use on petrol or diesel vehicles, either automatic or manual transmission types.
If you need further help choosing a universal filter please read the following article: